Friday, October 15, 2010

This Moment

There is my love.

Laying with his back to the wall, arm flung over his eyes to block out the soft, green glow.


I am sitting on the edge of the bed with you cradled in my arms.


My foot is tucked beneath me and your chubby little fingers are entwined in my hair while you study my face calmly.


I am uncomfortable, but I dare not shift for fear of ruining this perfect moment.


You are nestled just right against me, bundled in a blanket with just your head and arm poking out.


I start to blink slowly, encouraging you to close your eyes.


Your eyelids start to get heavier, but you can't stop smiling long enough to fall asleep.


I finally have to pry my gaze from your flawless face, because I can't stop smiling back.


I stare at the night light for as long as I can before I can't resist looking away any longer.


Your eyes are already closed and your breaths have deepened.


After gently tugging my hair from the grip of your drool covered hands, I set you gently in the middle of the bed and lay next to you.


My foot starts to tingle as blood rushes back in and my love starts to snore, threatening to pull me from this perfect moment.|


But then, your warm arm presses against mine, I hear your soft breaths again and I am once more entranced.


I am grateful that I do not have to leave you in another room or somewhere far from me. Not just yet. You are right where I need you.


I am almost asleep when I think to reach out to grab a pen and paper.


I feel the need to write this down, so that I might remember this moment forever.


~ Mrs. Ruthless

No comments:

Post a Comment